Monday, December 23, 2013

Japan Adventure For English Teacher - Sushi, Shiatsu Massage, and Sumo Wrestling - Exotic Japan


Japan is the ideal place in the Orient for your next adventure. Sushi, shiatsu sassage, and sumo wrestling are just a few of the luxuries. The people are fantastic, the culture hospitable, and the food delicious.

As a world traveler who has traveled to over 50 countries, more than 50 islands, and 6 continents I can truly say Japan is a must see indeed.

For those willing to live and work abroad in order to get the full exotic cross-cultural experience, professionals and high achievers with a bachelors degree willing to teach English in the Japanese schools are most welcome. No teaching experience is required, just a willingness to interact happily and cross-culturally with the people in what I call educational entertainment forums wherein you are the star facilitator from a native English speaking country.

I began teaching serendipitously when while living in New York City, I went to Chinatown one weekend. A Chinese Pastor from Taiwan visiting a local church asked me to travel with him and be his English teacher. He smiled and laughingly said with his jaws blown full, "You will eat so good, you will get fat. Ha! Ha!"

I ate well, but never got fat. What I did get however was to see the world as a result of discovering the many job opportunities available to native English speakers overseas. I only had to teach "mushzah" (Chinese for Pastor) an hour a day, if he was cooperative which many times he was not. I therefore looked for work elsewhere in Taipei and taught at a wonderful school.

It was a life changing experience, which I continued doing wherever I went overseas. Finding the more established schools that pay well was a bit harder, but now I even know how to sniff out and sign good contracts with the most reputable schools seeking English teachers.

Japan is a remarkable place I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment